Would you rather have a nanny or raise you kids yourself?

Was watching Real Housewives of somewhere and I hear the lady say she had a nanny one for each kid.

I am a mother and yea I get tired but I do not want someone paid to mold my child hold my baby when he is afraid.
What would you prefer? Imagine you can afford it.

karing4elmas

Asked by karing4elmas at 11:45 AM on Oct. 30, 2010 in

• What's the point of having children if you don't raise them yourself at least half the time??? Even when people work they should spend time at home with their kids. Those "housewives" are just stuckup rich bitches who are too old for the clothes they wear and only care about money and trying (desperately) to look good, not family.

I think people like that shouldn't have kids in the first place.
    americanadian25

Answer by americanadian25 at 12:13 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• i wouldn't want a nanny. but a housekeeper would be nice.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 11:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• My child...my responsibility!
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Raise my own child, but I agree w/ rAbella, I would definitely like a housekeeper.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• if i wanted a nanny to raise my children, i wouldn't have any. what's the point and the fun in that? they're mine, i'm going to raise them. but yea, a housekeeper would be awesome =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I don't want a nanny, I can handle raising my kids on my own. I housekeeper, that would be heaven!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:53 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• raise my own kids
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Raise my kid myself, but a maid would be nice if we could afford it. I'd probably prefer a nanny over daycare if I had to work though. I had a relative who had live in foreign exchange students as nannies for a few years, and I thought that was a good way to introduce the children to different cultures and customs.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Raise them myself.. if I was rich I would sooner higher a maid.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 11:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Seeing that I had to work, a nanny would be great, because you would have more influence over what they did with your child than you do taking them to daycare. Also a nanny is one person, whereas at daycare they see many. And your child would be staying at home, in their own surroundings. I think it would be the best of both worlds. Of course I think the best would be for me to care for my children, and have a housekeeper and cook.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:49 AM on Oct. 30, 2010