any advice for vaccinations?

my son hasn't been vaccinated because my fiance and i haven't decided for sure if we want him vaccinated. we have been doing research to see what we think is best for him. i was wondering if you any of you could give me your experience on vaccinations good or bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The CDC states (if you contact them they will send you information, but it takes ages) that 1 in 6 children will sustain some form of injury from vaccines. Then they will tell you that the benefits outweigh the risk... However, my children are not and will not be vaccinated in any way. I live every day in pain because of injuries sustained due to vaccines, my Aunt is lucky to be alive because of the damage they caused her.

I really have way to much information to put in this little box, but I do have the basics on my website. And you can feel free to contact me if you would like more information. You should also make a point to join the "Choosing Not To Vaccinate" group here on CM. There is a ton of great information just sitting there in posts as well as a huge number of moms with both research and experience under their belt.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• We selectively vaccinate my son using Dr. Sears alternate vaccine schedule. And actually we even opt out of some of those vaccines as well. Basically we only get our son vaccinated against diseases that have a real threat of killing him if he were contract it. But there is a Rotavirus vaccine now that basically just causing diarrhea, and the chicken pox vaccine is ridiculous. So those are just 2 of the probably 5 that he's not getting. With the schedule we use, he only gets 1 vaccine at his visits...not 6 at once like the recommend. So his vaccines are spread out over the course of 3.5 years instead of all crammed into his first year of life. He is also not recieving the MMR until he is at least 3. You can find a lot of information about it online or ask your child's pediatrician. My son's is great...she actually recommended that schedule to us.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• i have gotten both of my children all of their vaccinations except the flu shot. they have done great and i like the peace of mind that i dont have to worry about these nasty diseases that could severly hurt them.
    that being said i don't get the flu shot because that is the one shot that made them both very sick, and it is only a moderatly low percent chance that it will prevent the flu. then it might not even be the right strain of flu vaccine for this year. it's the only vaccine that i hear that has a "may" with it.
    TZimm

Answer by TZimm at 12:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• You should BOTH take the time to watch this as well, you can buy it on DVD, but the vast majority of the material is posted in this video (there are about 10 mins missing from the begining & the end)

Vaccines - The Risks, The Benefits & The Choice

This explores both the pros and the cons of vaccines and should better allow you to make a better educated choice.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:02 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Sorry, I posted this just thismorning on my FB page, and still forgot to give it to you when I gave you the link for the video...

Vaccines Did Not Save Us - Two Centuries of Official Statistics

This has all the official numbers for things like injury & death rates due to both infection and vaccines...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2010