for the moms who don't vaccinate how do you deal with schools?

if you have choosen to not vaccinate your child or partially vaccinate how do you deal with your child going to school? in my town eight thousand children were sent home because they didn't have vaccinations. do you vaccinate anyway because your child has to go to school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Health

• In my state, a religion for the purpose of the religious waivers is defined as "any belief system". Well, I believe that injecting that much aluminum into my already fragile son is harmful. So I can legally and truthfully fill out a religious waiver.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I plan on having my child get all her shots (especially whooping cough since my hubby almost died from it), so that isn't going to be an issue. I'm sure it takes a lot of paperwork and waivers to get a non-vaccinate child into a public school.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 12:46 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• The children which are usually send home are those who are not exempt from vaccines and still don't have them up to date. ALL 50 states have exemption papers which can be filed for medical reasons, and all but two have religious or philosophical reasons as well. Here in PA, we are merely required to write a letter stating our beliefs against vaccination is in an equal strength of a religious belief in order for children to be considered exempt. For those who are exempt, vaccines are not legally required, and ANY child can be listed as exempt with the right paperwork... It's really not nearly as hard as the schools wish for you to believe.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Although I don't believe from this post you are actually looking for all the how too information on creating exemption... I have all the exemption information listed through my website - HERE

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:48 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I like my school a lot right now! James is behind on his shots since I"ve decided not to do anymore right now. The nurse sent me a note saying he needed the shot OR I needed to sign an exemption and she sent me an exemption form!!! How freaking awesome is that? Well I think it's awesome...
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 12:51 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• rosesNclovers - That's UBER awesome! Where do you live?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:52 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I just get them vaccinated, it never crossed my mind not to.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 30, 2010