How are you voting for this Nov 2? And why! I would like a little help making a good decision. I'm still debating on how to vote for. adult content

elisabellaguna

Asked by elisabellaguna at 12:51 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• You usually can find a sample ballot at your state's or county's election website. Use that ballot to research the candidates. Google their names. Read their statements and what their opponents say about them. Then make up your own mind.

I suggest not voting for a party. Just because you may consider yourself a "_____" party (democrat/republican/independant/libertarian, etc) does not necessarily mean that candidate believes as you do - at least not any more. Research for yourself! And then THINK for yourself! Then you can make an intelligent decision.

Good for you for wanting to be an informed voter!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Vote for the candidate who has a VERIFIABLE TRACK RECORD of doing the OPPOSITE of what the currently elected officials have done to this country!!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:58 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I already voted. I thought we would be in FL this weekend into next week to see the space shuttle take off. It got delayed and we couldn't go. I did my research, went to the "meet the candidate" gatherings, made my choice, and voted.

Whoever wins, that's who I voted for! wink mini

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Vote for what you believe in and what you think is right
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 12:54 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I always vote for the republican candidate In every single category in every single election. And before people rip my head off for not "doing my research," I would never vote for a democratic candidate because I do not believe in really ANYTHING the democratic party stands for, so if a candidate considers himself a democrat, well then I already know we have nothing in common.
    Anonymous

• Google is a great resource. I see you live in OKC. I use to live there about 4 years ago ;) Here's a good nonpartisan website I found for you. http://www.okfamilypc.org/voters_guide.htm It will take you here http://www.focusvoter.com/OK you just type in basic info and you should get a run down of candidates etc. Good Luck. Hope this helped!
    JurneesMama

Answer by JurneesMama at 1:02 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Get a paper tomorrow. Our local paper always has a big section on election issues and candidates the Sunday before the election.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:15 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I've already voted, we do it here by mail. You can look up the website for your state and find out info on the candidates and issues that are being voted on.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:09 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• well since you live in OKC (im in Edmond) i will tell you some of the ways im voting. im voting no for SQ744 b/c there is no tax increase but they arent saying where they would get the money from...the only other option is to cut other programs, including the one that pays my DH's salary. im also voting for Askins for Gov cause Fallin is a joke...shes a hypocrite and she belongs to the fear-monger groups that i cant stand...also Palin endorsed her (even tho Fallin hasnt played that up much, wonder why). there are other reasons but im running out of space.

all the other things im still researching and/or there are too many things to list here. whatever you do dont blindly vote for one side...vote for the person, not the party...each party has some shady characters in it!

as for all the SQ's on the ballot you can go here http://okc.about.com/od/politicalparties/a/2010-Oklahoma-State-Ballot-Questions.htm to get the heads up.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:37 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Just do your research by Googling and reading your local papers and don't listen to people here who tell you to vote for THEIR preferences....such as anyone who tells you to vote either party. Make up your own mind.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 30, 2010