Has anyone used 5 hour energy? How did it make you feel?

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I have never had them, but my DH drinks them regularly. He said some of them taste bad, but he likes the pomegranate one. He said that 5 Hr Energy gives him more FOCUSED energy rather than the NERVOUS energy that seems to come with a cup of coffee. He drinks coffee too, if he just wants to wake up, but if he wants energy AND needs to concentrate on something he prefers the energy drink. The ones he drinks have some B vitamins (B6 and B12), but he's not sure if there are risks with long term exposure to extra vitamins or other ingredients or not. He doesn't drink them every day or anything. He also said that they don't have the same kind of crash that caffeine usually has.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I hated the taste and honestly I get more kick out of a cup of coffee then those drinks ever could do for me. Someone in here, during another post about this stuff, said that its really unhealthy whats inside of it. Not good for your heart. Maybe someone else here can offer more about the health risks.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• http://www.5hourenergy.com/ingredients.asp
    here is the site that you can look at all the ingredients and see for yourself.. i have taken them before, they are ok but you really don't get too much energy from them (no where near 5 hours of energy).. your better off going to starbucks and gettin a tripple shot something ;).. rather then wasting your money..
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I thought it tasted gross and it didnt do anything for me
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• It didn't do anything for me....but "B" vitamens seem to work for me better
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 5:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2010