At what age was your girl potty trained?

My daughter will be 2 in January and loves to sit on her potty...but has never gone into it. She will tell me before she needs to poop..but we will sit on the potty for a long time and once she gets back into her diapers she goes poop. She only sits on her potty when she wants to because I don't want to force her but I am not sure if she is 100% ready. Any tips or suggestions. When was your little one potty trained?

dbodani

Asked by dbodani at 12:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• they are 2 and potty trained
    smashcity

Answer by smashcity at 1:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• my oldest was potty trained a 2.5.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• how did you do it?
    dbodani

Comment by dbodani (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I start training all my kids when they turn 2 one of thier gifts is always a potty on the 2nd birthday I had no trouble with my daughter but one of my sons was kinda hard he would pee in the potty just fine and say "look mama I peed" but he would clench his cheeks if he had to poop because I guess he thought he would get in trouble for it well 1 day I had him sitting on his potty for a while and when he got up he had pooped but looked like he was gonna cry so I praised him and reassured him that he did the right thing :)
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 1:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• My daughter was 2 yrs, 2 months. She started preschool and they worked on potty training - she wanted her teacher to cheer for her in the classroom like she did for others who were going potty. And her 3 1/2 year old brother had just started as well.

Answer by missanc at 1:06 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• my daughter just turned 2 on the 17th and she went about a week of going poop on the potty and a little pee about a month ago, but now she just isn't interested...I'm waiting a little while and we'll try again. I really don't think she is quite ready yet. My son was just a month or two over 3 when he was finally totally out of diapers.
    lish2127

Answer by lish2127 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• My first was 3yrs and 6 moths. Just put her in underwear and she was trained in three days. Of course she showed all the signs of being ready. My second was 3 yr 4months. She took 2 weeks. Same way with her. She did take longer at night.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• My girl was fully trained by 2 1/2, my son however took alot longer!!
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• the younger ones i started around 2 now with the younger ones i wait til there 3
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 2:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• My daughter was 3 and petrified of it. She had never gone once. One day we kind of made her go. She had poopy face, we could tell she was about to go. We put her on the potty and made her stay until she went. Once she did it, she was so happy with herself. She ran upstairs and put on undies. She never wore a diaper again!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:19 PM on Oct. 30, 2010