More potty training questions...

Did anyone ever put their child in pull ups? How did they work for you? I think they may work for some but I don't want my child to be in them. I had a little boy in my class the other day who wanted to use the potty but when we pulled his pants down and he saw that he was wearing pull ups he said "Never mind, I can just pee in my pull ups." I think it is basically a diaper and some kids will use it that way.
Did anyone just put their child in underwear right when they started potty training? I feel like I wouldn't want to sit in pee or poop so maybe it will be a good way to get her to use the potty.

dbodani

Asked by dbodani at 1:14 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• With my first she used them like diapers. My second one acts like they are underwear. We don't like them but we had a few left to get rid of and nights she was not potty trained yet. Well it sure helped her get trained in a week.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• We sort of merged the two. We do pull ups for when he sleeps, and he's pretty solidly in underpants now (thank god). For a while we did pull ups when we were out...just in case. For about a week, maybe ten days he was less likely to tell us he had to go, but he still did some. Then he just started getting better about it.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 1:20 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I put my in underwear straight out of diapers He showed all the potty readiness signs. He was 2.5 and it took 4 days of consistent training and he was done.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I saved the pull ups for bedtime...it is too easy for them to just pee in the pull up during the day when they are busy playing...wetting their pants gets better results and they learn it is not fun to stop playing to change clothes
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 4:17 PM on Oct. 30, 2010