work at home moms

Can you keep your kids at home with you? In my job I have to send them to a sitter or have someone else to watch them until they are capable of doing most things during the day without my help (probably 8 0r 9) I was just wondering b/c everyone always wants to work from home, but I still have to produce work and be uninterrupted for long periods of time.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• I work from home, but I normally do all of my work while my son is at school. My problem is that my Hubby has retired from the Marine Corps after serving 30 years and it's hard to get him to understand that I can't always drop what I'm doing to go do something with him. Maybe I need to get him a sitter LOL

Brenda
    Brendabs

Answer by Brendabs at 3:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• If you have to pay a sitter, why would you work at home? Unless of course, you make more money from home than you would elsewhere.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 1:50 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Thats the one thing that I love about working my own business! My kids are w/ me during the day while I make my calls and they can go w/ me wherever I may need to go! When I go do my parties or events, they are able to be home w/ daddy! I love it!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• When my daughter was small, I always had her with me when I worked at home; sometimes, I brought her to an office job.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:54 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I do still have to work and I and my job both believe I would not get anything done w/them here. I don't make anymore money, but I save on the drive time to work. My husband drops the kids off in the morning and I can work straight until I have to take my son to preschool. It is nice sitting in the house in the snow, knowing I don't have to deal w/a commute
    Bubbie0809

Comment by Bubbie0809 (original poster) at 5:35 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I just get what I can done while my daughter is napping and my son is at school
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I'm able to have my kids with me. I made sure to find something that I could do while my kids around.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:54 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I am like Tiffany, my kids can be here while I do my work and I don't have to worry about 0 noise, etc. I love it and I have the freedom to save that money that I would otherwise pay a sitter and spend it on my kids elsewhere.
    wolfmomma30

Answer by wolfmomma30 at 8:31 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Like the others my belief in working from home was to be Home and the kids not at daycare of sorts..Not everyone is the Entrapreneurial type, but for me it works awesome.
    I love my business I make pretty darn close to what my banker hubby makes in office and my girls are always with me as will be #3 soon.
    I work about 20 hours a week, mostly while they are in school 1/2 days and I have a commute from upstairs to downstairs.
    I have no products, so no sales or parties...and the commissions and credentials just cannot be beat!
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 1, 2010