How did you pick out your child's middle name?

My daughter's middle name came from one of my favorite movies, Moulin Rouge. Her middle name is Satine.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 1:22 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Baby Names

• The Boy's middle name was easy because he's named after Daddy. The Girl's middle name is actually two names, we chose both Grandmothers' names to shut everyone up. Now, we're stuck for a name for Daughter #2 and both Grandmothers have a LOT of ideas, all of which suck so there's a chance this kid will end up getting named Pepsi Comcast.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:09 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• It was my husband's dad's name. He passed away when my husband was 4, and I thought it would be nice to give my son his name as his middle name. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I went through every name in every name book until I found the one I liked the best to flow with his first and last name.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:24 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• my daughter's middle name "Faith" is my mother's 1st name
    my son's middle name "Rallen" is a combination of my grandmother's maiden name "Allen" and my ex-stepfather's 1st name "Ralph)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• My oldest son's middle name was my Husband's father's first name - Charles. (His first name in my Grandfather's name)
    My second son was named after my DH, we simply dropped my Husband's first name (because he has 2), so he has the same middle name as my DH - Lee
    My daughter (due in Dec) will have her Grandmother's first name as a middle name - Alice - although we can't decide on a first name.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Its funny cause I read a post yesterday about how this gal was scared to release the name she was going to give her dd to the family for fear that someone else would use it first. I understood but couldnt relate at the time, but now I do. My middle name is Marie and for some reason my sis named her dd Ann Marie and she went by the full name. Along comes my dd and I wanted to give her my middle name, and all of the sudden Im copying my sis. Really! lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:26 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Our firstborn has his dad's middle name (and grandfaterh and great grandfather), Ray. Our first daughter has the full form of my middle name (and my grandma's, aunts, great and great-great grandma's name), Decandria. It was shortened to Dee for myself and my aunt and grandma. Our second born has both grandfather's as his name - first and middle. Our third son is Samuel. We liked it and it went with the first names of his brothers - Daniel and Nathaniel.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:27 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Named after his daddy.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• In the hospital, we couldn't decide on a name, so they put "Mr". and our last name on his crib. We finally came up with Matthew for the first name and I decided to figure out a middle name that started with R. So, is still Matthew Ryan "MR"....last name. :)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• My oldest son's middle name is Chase. My dad is a storm chaser and I wanted to give him a name to honor my dad.

My youngest's son's middle name is Keller. It was my DH's grandfather's middle name as it was his (the grandfather's) mother's maiden name. My DH wanted to honor his grandfather as he helped raise my DH.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2010