If Jesus is God like some claim, how did he get ressurected?

dgall3

Asked by dgall3 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Religious Debate

• In the book of Acts, Peter states " this Jesus GOD resurrected." God is the source of life. If the source of life dies, who then would resurrect him? Since in a cast number of scriptures, Jesus referred to his Father in the possessive ( My Father), I would take him to understand that he meant the Father that created him. Therefore I would say that the Son Jesus, who died, was resurrected by his Father, who cannot die.
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 9:57 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Jesus is God, but God exists in three persons- The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit. Its not something the finite human mind can completely comprehend.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 2:24 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Jesus is God and the Son Of God....
    He fulfilled prophecy
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Think of it like H20.... it comes in three states- liquid (water) solid (ice) and gas (vapor or steam).....its still H2O but in different states- does that make the Trinity easier to understand?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 5:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I don't understand your question. Are you implying that if Jesus was God then He should have stayed dead? Or are you wondering how Jesus could have died in the first place because God can't die?
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 8:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• If Jesus is God how did he get resurrected?

Uhhhh .... because He's God ......
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Jesus IS God, read John1.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 6:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• The concept of the resurrected savior is a pagan concept. Look in ancient religious beliefs and you will find many examples of it.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:36 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• The question isn't how did Jesus get ressurected, but how did he (god) die AT ALL? God is supposedly immortal. How did he die? The three-headed dog of the christian trinity is truly laughable, because it is something that cannot exist. Jesus wasn't god, IMO, but by the time his ministry ended, I am convinced that he THOUGHT he was. He began rambling about returning to earth to claim his kingdom and about having his enemies slain in front of him. He took on the "you're for me or against me." attitude of the mentally unstable and frequently lost his temper--even with his friends, family, and disciples. He had to have been either a paranoid lunatic--or a composite of many different "messiahs" from that era.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• This is why I love the first prophecy in the bible. Jesus was and is God's son and the prophecy is fulfilled. "My seed" and "Let us make man in our image."
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 4:56 PM on Oct. 31, 2010