Do you speak and act more PC than you actually feel or think?

Just curious.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 1:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Of course... Why not? It's not like people don't still use paper and pens... I know I still spend a good amount of time writing, not teaching it would be a great disservice.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:27 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• OH YES....I think this is true of most people...people are sooooooooo super sensitive these days about EVERYTHING....if you dont...you will be labeled a hater or a bigot...when you are really not...
    Anonymous

• For the most part no, but it depends on the situation- if I need to be professional then I might act a little more so than I would with friends or family.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Of course... Why not? It's not like people don't still use paper and pens... I know I still spend a good amount of time writing, not teaching it would be a great disservice. "

confused

LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• HELL NO. Why would i want to do that...Its like everyone on here trys to though. The other day i said something about mexican people..someone has to come along and say "how do you know they are mexican people"...excuse the hell out of me..i am only pointing out the obvious. yes, call me a bigot if you will...but i would rather be a bigot than a snub going around correcting everyone...maybe i shouldve said "the latino people"..lol.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Not unless someone specifically requests it (ie using "African American" even though, when applied to an entire race, is wholly inaccurate, instead of "black"). For example, yes, I do think it makes someone look like an idiot to use "gay" or "retard" as a pejorative adjective, and I won't PC-ify that and say it makes them look "socially challenged," unless they specifically request that I call them "socially challenged" instead.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Of course!! And EVERYONE else does too....most will not actually admit it though!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Being sensitive to people and not offending them is not PC, it is civilized. I find that I can get my point across much more accurately without resorting to pejorative terms. It doesn't offend me or restrict me to not use general terms that some people may get offended by. I find that choosing words carefully makes my message clearer. It should be that way for anyone, I would think. What is the point of muddying the waters with terms that may offend, unless what you are trying to communicate is disrespect?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 2:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Being sensitive to people and not offending them is not PC, it is civilized. "

Did I ever say that it wasn't?
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Yes, my political beliefs are my own and I feel strongly about them. But i respect the fact the others disagree just as strongly. I don't want my relationships with people in my personal life to be impacted by negative feelings about political or cultural beliefs.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 2:13 PM on Oct. 30, 2010