My step daughter is pregnant and her mother & sister live out of town. Should I host her baby shower?

dn59

Asked by dn59 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• Can you call her mom and ask them if they want to participate. Or if they want to have a shower for her, you can do it for your family and friends. Does that make sense? Because my in-laws lived a few hours away, I had a shower in their area and had one with my family. Easier than a lot of people traveling somewhere they have never been.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• As long as thats what she wants but be sure to extend an invitation to them :)
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 1:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I would Co-host the shower-you have it at your house and you and her mother can plan together that way she doesn't feel left out.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 1:40 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Just make sure that you extend an offer for them to help, if not make sure they know they are invited.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Sure, if you want, why not.
    Iluvautumn

Answer by Iluvautumn at 1:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• It would be a nice thing to do.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• i dont see why not. maybe do it somewhere in the middle.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:37 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Are u aiming for it to be a suprise? cause if you are maybe try contacting her mom and sister and get them in on it. Just cause they live outta town doesnt mean they cant be apart of it (speaking in terms that yall are on good terms). If ur not aiming for a suprise ask her how she feels about you hosting a baby shower for her and inviting them.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 1:37 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• It would be a fine idea for you to do the hosting.

Answer by Bmat at 1:40 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• sure why not. Just offer it to her.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 1:50 PM on Oct. 30, 2010