Moon or date

This kind of goes hand in hand with deciding when to do Yule and Mother's Night. Did you do your ceremonies last weekend w/ the full moon, or this weekend because that's when the date falls? (or the more fun option of have both ;) )

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:42 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Huh?
    Brenna

Answer by Brenna at 8:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I will do mine tomorrow night, once the children are asleep...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:24 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Where are all of your friends that claim to share your beliefs? I guess they are just posers, how surprising.
    Anonymous

• Wow, Anon, chances are they are celebrating with their families... Many Pagans have celebrations which last over a few days... And many places had their TOT tonight... Plus, it's Saturday and this does tend to be more of a family or celebratory night than others... Seriously, just because 900 people didn't jump on the question the moment it was posted doesn't mean they aren't here. Plus, Pagans aren't REQUIRED to do rituals, it's a personal thing, so just because someone might share her beliefs doesn't mean they are doing any ritual work - they may not need to...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:15 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• No- actually, I see them on other posts tonight. Kills that theory huh?
    Anonymous

• And its been 9 hours, not just a few minutes, but keep trying to convince yourself.
    Anonymous

• On Samhain
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:35 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• This weekend.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 6:57 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• NP, I'll won't be doing anything elaborate but, I'll be doing everything tomorrow. I don't go by the moon phases but, IMO, that is ideal in some ways. But, in the end I think it's more what you do than when you do it.

Anon, they're alllllll just "posers"? Seriously, NO ONE shares her beliefs? What a non-sesical put down.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 8:55 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I'm assuming that you are referring to the Wiccan wheel of the year sabbats, so my answer will be accordingly. For the most part I try to celebrate according to the astrological date but there some exceptions. For me Imbolic, is on the New Moon closest rather than on the date and I don't celebrate Imbolic according to tradition as it has developed. There is enough change as far as I'm concerned to consider it a different celebration. For Ostara, I celebrate on the Full Moon rather than the date. But for this Samhain, I celebrate on the date so it will be tonight. But there are times I do a double celebration, a small one the date I prefer and a family celebration on the weekend closest to it.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:25 AM on Oct. 31, 2010