What should I take with me when I go to hospital to deliver?

AprylnAtticus

Asked by AprylnAtticus at 1:51 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• tooth brush and paste. hair brush and ties. socks. shampoo. something loose to wear home. camera and baby book. and an outfit and blanket for baby to go home.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• All that and maybe a sweater and easy shoes to walk the halls. I brough "rescue remedy" in cream to rub on my wrist for recovery as well as my favorite raspberry tea. My own nursing top and stretch pants and favorite pads for going home.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• clothes for baby. laptop. robe or pj's. Bring your own pillow and own blanket (hospital ones suck) and slippers. bring some snacks with you if you want. vending machines get expensive. clothes and blankets for baby. bring lose fitting shirts and panties. bring your own pads. hospital gives you HUGE ones that go from your belly to your back. :) GOOD LUCK!
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 2:13 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• comfortable clothes, like your comfy maternity sweats and pajamas, because you don't just drop 20 pounds in a day!
    your pillow!!!!!!!!!!! I never went to the hospital without my pillow, just grosses me out to lay my head on a pillow hundreds of others have used.
    Your shampoo and conditioner. They have toothpaste and brushes if you forget.
    If you have a baby book they will put their little prints in them, at least my hospital did.
    And if you plan on having any pictures done with your baby there, as the hospital I delivered at did this there, take you make up and things. But my mom is a photographer, so we didn't do this, and the prices there were crazy expensive.
    With babies clothing, take a premie, newborn and 0-3 month outfit. Because both my babies were in the 7 pound range and needed premie outfits for a week. 0-3 swims on them LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:17 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Chapstick and gum. A pen, paper, and your cell phone charger. Your own pillow and any skin care you use. Toothbrush and toothpaste. Something to change into after you have the baby. There is nothing better than the feeling of taking a shower and getting into clean, normal clothes after you deliver.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:17 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• If you're delivering vaginally, take a good, firm pillow to support your lower back. You can get one under $10 at walmart/target/kmart. Some of those beds don't offer ANY kind of lumbar support, and THAT hurt me worse than labor pain, because I had nothing to push against.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2010