why do some towns move Halloween why not just leave it where it is?

Sorry but I just dont get it If you dont like Halloween dont do it but for the ones that do like it and everything I think it should be done on Halloween. I know we have to go out tonight for trick or treating and I wish we could do it on Halloween. my sister in law had to take her kids last night. it is just crazy.

stormey_wagner

Asked by stormey_wagner at 1:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I live in New Orleans and the city is doing halloween tonight due to the Saints game tomorrow night.

Works for everyone.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• that is so weird! why in the world do you move halloween in the first place??
    19_klayton

Answer by 19_klayton at 2:06 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Beats me. It seems pretty weird to do.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Our town always has Halloweeen trick or treating for the kids the Saturday before Halloween if Halloween doesn't fall on a Friday or Saturday. This is done for the safety of the children. Trick or treating hours are from 6-9 pm, which is during rush hour when everybody is coming home from work, so it would be dangerous for the children, especially the younger ones, to be out walking the neighborhoods during this time. Another reason for the date change is so that kids aren't out past their bedtimes or overly tired for school the next day.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 2:24 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Okay, let's get this straight...no town is moving HALLOWEEN. They are just moving around when they do Trick or Treating. Now, with that said, many towns do not like to do it when the children have school the next day. Many towns do not like to have it the same night as Halloween because of older kids celebrating a bit on the rowdy side. Our town originally had TorT'ing scheduled for tonight, but then they scheduled a high school football game between our high school and another local tonight, so TorT'ing was moved to last night.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:32 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Sounds to me like a bunch of towns with a bunch of Whiners.

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:44 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• many towns do not like to do it when the children have school the next day
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    So, what do they do when Halloween falls Monday through Thursday? Do they move the trick or treating then too?
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• More than likely when it falls on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday they feel it more okay to mess with the Trick or Treating days. Our local town has had it through the week ONLY if Halloween falls through the week...otherwise, seems they do their best to place it on a Friday or Saturday night.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I guess some towns just don't want it to interfere with school nights since Monday is the very next day.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 4:22 PM on Oct. 30, 2010