What should I do when I can't seem to have some "me" time?

RhodaD10

Asked by RhodaD10 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Depends on why you don't, many people don't have me time because they don't know how to manager their time, some have jerks for husbands ect. It just depends on why.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Do what you can when you can...even if it means locking yourself in the bathroom for 10 minutes.
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 2:38 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I get my ME TIME at bedtime. My hubby is gone about all the time, he is military so literally isn't even in the same time zone most of the month. I have a 1 and 2 yr old.....so me time, my decompress time is for an hour and a half after they go to bed. When they nap I usually have an hour to myself then too.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• From my personal experiences and those of family/friends.

Many women have to **make** that me time.

Some don't ask for help when they need it because they feel everything is supposed to be their "job"or responsiblity since they are a SAHM.

Some feel to guilty to make time so they don't.

Some have husbands that do not help out enough around the house for them to make time.

Some do not manage their time well and it seems like they always have something that must be done.

Some just aren't able to walk away from constantly "doing" so they never get time.

Etc..etc..

How to get "me" time. Really depends on why you aren't getting it. Pin down why you aren't getting me time. Then you will know where to start in order to make some "me" time for yourself.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I think you should sit down and go over your daily schedule and see if there are ways you can tweak the schedule a bit and create a place for 'me' time-- maybe you could make it for early in the morning before everyone gets up, or at night when everyone is asleep.
    For me, I have 'me' time M-F from 7:45am to 10:45 am when all 3 of my kids are in school- although I am generally working or cleaning house and trying to get things done then. Sometimes I will have my "me" time at night, after the kids and hubs are in bed. The house is quiet, and I am free to do crafts, read, watch tv or take a nice long uninterrupted soak in the tub!
    On weekends if I make plans to go out with my sis, or want some 'me' time my hubs is cool with it and he is good about taking charge of the house and kids while I go do my thing.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• step out side, take a deep breath, and remember that some ppl wish they could share with their children what you can on a daily basis.! gl!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 3:17 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I wait for everyone to be in bed asleep! then its me time. I relax and read a mag or a book. Study for school, Watch TV, Drink hot cocoa, have a yummy midnite snack or whatever! but I would not function the next day, if I didn't have my "me" time.
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I guess it's because my hubby just wants to be around me all the time, or at the very least in the next room. I've asked him to please stop acting like he does, so I have a life of my own, but it hasn't stopped. I want this to work between he and I, I just don't know what else I can do. I think he's convinced himself, that if I have a life of my own, that I'll do to him what his exes have done :cheat. It seems like no matter what I tell him, things just won't change.
    RhodaD10

Comment by RhodaD10 (original poster) at 3:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2010