is this possible

ok this might sound weird or tmi but..
is it possible to feel your V open. like mine feels like it is if that makes since.
and i feel her down there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If your talking about your cervix dilating I swore to God I felt mine opening up too... and I was right. Sure enough I was at a two teh first time and teh second time I swore he was going to shoot out of me if I didnt get to the hospital and I was at 8cm (although the wicked contractions were a good indicator too) It may not be that your opening up but that your baby is now engaged in your pelvic bone preparing for d-day
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• but im only 29wks that is why i was wondering
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• if you have no other symptoms of labor I would say it is just baby growing and hanging out low. I had my little guy 5 weeks early so its possible if you are going in to preterm labor your child is already engaged but if you have no other symptoms I wouldnt worry
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:30 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• well see im having pains and things but i didnt even know that i was having comtractions with my son cause it was in my back and my back always hurts
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• maybe tmi also, but you can likely reach your cervix at this point with your fingertips and check. You should feel a nicely closed cervix that is not particularly soft. It's sort of cone-shaped and the tip is what will open later, but should feel closed now. If you could get a fingertip in it then you need to let dr check you asap because you shouldn't be opening this early. Also, you would likely have mild spotting if it was beginning to open, but not always.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 1:41 AM on Oct. 31, 2008