Saudi Prince Urges Ground Zero Mosque Be Moved Prince Says Imam Should 'Defer' to Opinion of New Yorkers

Thought you should know..."Those people behind the mosque have to respect, have to appreciate and have to defer to the people of New York," Prince Alwaleed bin Talal said in an interview with the Dubai-based Arabian Business magazine. "The wound is still there. Just because the wound is healing you can't say, 'Let's just go back to where we were pre-9/11.'"
Read more:http://abcnews.go.com/US/saudi-prince-urges-ground-mosque-moved/story?id=11997307

gammie

Asked by gammie at 2:53 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's very noble of the Saudi prince, I also think Rauf needs an attitude adjustment.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I agree with the Prince. And yes, Lori, you are right. I am counting with you.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I read about this. I happen to agree with the Prince. Kudos to him for speaking up!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Counting down the seconds until the Saudi Prince is called a hater or fear-monger! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• $elf Intere$t? You bet.

***
    As far as I'm concerned....whatever it takes!!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:27 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I'm glad the Prince said that, someone needed too. I'm glad a leader of a Muslim country spoke out about it and I agree with him.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:01 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• But Feisal Abdul Rauf, the imam of the proposed Islamic center, said he has no intention of moving the project out of the shadow of Ground Zero.

"While we respect the points of view of other interested observers, we plan to build the community center in this location," Rauf said in a statement today.
    ---------------------------------
    What a jerk!

gammie

Comment by gammie (original poster) at 2:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• $elf Intere$t? You bet.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:50 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• It is none of MY business. But the Prince sounds like a decent guy.
    Sisteract, I don'tget that...whose self-interest? I know I am tired and I guess I am not quite seeing things clearly ..LOL.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:50 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• The $audi's be$t intere$t-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:54 PM on Oct. 30, 2010