What up with this??? (abortion related)

The new Term "Pro-Abortion" coming up from many pro-life people.
I personally think it's sick! There is no way I would consider myself "Pro-Abortion" but I think all women have the right to choose what is right or wrong for themselves.

What is Pro-Abortion anyway?
Wouldn't that be like offering all pregnant women an abortion, regardless of what they wanted?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 2:53 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Sounds like to me, They would be all for abortion.. No matter when or terms. I feel all women have a choice.
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 2:55 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I didnt know this was a new term... you are either anti- or pro-..most people say they are prochoice meaning they really don't care what other people do with their bodies...its their choice. i guess if you are proabortion you are all for it and you believe in it rather than some other options and you support it for other reasons
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• It's just yet another stupid label put upon others to further polarize the issue instead of bringing everyone together to make progress.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• That is ridiculous.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 3:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I have never heard that. I have heard and read Pro-CHOICE. In other words, lets allow people to CHOOSE what happens in THEIR OWN lives.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I would think it would be hard to make progress on an issue that some believe is murder and others do not...

You are either for it or against it....
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• To me pro-abortion is not much different from pro-choice. If you are pro-choice you want there to be an abortion option available, making you for the option of abortion or pro-abortion. If you are pro-life, you only want the options available that result in the life of the child, thus making you anti-abortion. No matter what name you slap on it, it's still the same principle, you are either for the option of abortion or you are against it.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:10 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• This is being said, I believe, in response to pro-lifers being called "anti-choice." It's a game of trading insults that never adds anything to the discussion.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• You are not "either for it or against it". There are many shades of grey. I don't know a single person who is "pro" abortion. I know many, many people who are pro-choice. Those people recognize that others cannot make the decision for each and every woman who faces an unwanted or dangerous pregnancy. To call those who are pro-choice "pro-abortion" is very polarizing and ignores the many different reasons a woman would consider terminating a pregnancy. It is a completely charged term, meant entirely to pass judgement on all people who want abortions to remain safe and legal.

Oh--and the term isn't new.  It's been used for years by the anti-choice camp. (There's your for or against--either you're for choice, or you're against it.)

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 3:13 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• With progress you should know it is a child not a choice.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2010