• In the Spotlight:

Does anyone have a good tuna noodle cassarole recipe??

I am wondering if anyone has a decent tuna noodle cassarole recipe. I made one with cream of mushroom soup, but i really didn't like it that much, i would like to have a recipe that is a little more cheesy any suggestions??

qustnmrk28

Asked by qustnmrk28 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I tend to get a few boxes of generic mac n cheese but because the pasta doesnt cook right to me i just take out the cheese packs and toss the pasta then i get a bag of pasta to use instead. Last night i made some up and used cream of chicken and a packet of the cheese sauce it was really good. Do you like alfredo sauce I like the ragu alfredo sauce :)
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:20 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Add cream of chicken instead, it works with tuna or canned chicken
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 3:20 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I made this one the other day, and loved it! The cheese makes it perfect :) Hope this helps

Ingredients
    1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
    2 cups frozen green peas
    2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
    2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
    1 onion, chopped
    10 slices American processed cheese
    ground black pepper to taste

Cooking Instructions
    Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and frozen peas. Cook until noodles are al dente, drain well. Return noodles and peas to the pot.
    Mix soup, tuna fish, onions, processed cheese and pepper into the pot. Stir constantly until all of the ingredients are well mixed and the cheese has melted. Serve.

Preparation Time: 5 min.
    Cooking Time: 25 min.
    Ready In: 30 min.
    Servings: 5
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Is there really such a thing? You could make a white sauce instead of using canned soup, and add some shredded cheese to it?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I use tuna helper "cheddar melt" add frozen peas and carrots, extra cheese and season with parsley
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 5:26 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Great ideas......though some sprinkle bread crumbs on top as well.

I use Cream of Chicken soup too.....not mushroom. And shredded mild cheddar OR sharpe for extra tangyness!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 5:32 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I'm like you-the recipe I had called for the cream of mushroom, but I used a can of cream of celery instead and it made a world of difference.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 7:06 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• My kids love tuna casserole anyway, but this is their favorite. I cannot make homemade mac & cheese for anything, so this is my cheater way ;o). This makes a full 9x13 pan - with 6 of us, we eat 1/2-3/4 of the pan at supper.
    2 boxes Velveeta shells & cheese (or any other brand like it, I use generic half the time)
    2 family size packets tuna (I hate cans!)
    1-2 cans cream of celery soup
    Peas - 2 lbs frozen or 4-5 cans (no sodium added)
    Cook macaroni according do directions, draining it a little sooner than your normally would. Mix in the tuna, soup, peas, and spread in greased 9x13. Top with 1-2 sleeves crushed Ritz crackers (generic works too) mixed with 1/2-1 stick melted butter or margarine. Bake til crackers are turning color & crunchy. Definitely not good for you, but good comfort food! I don't make this as often as my kids would like!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• For a pound of pasta, make two cups bechamel sauce and season with 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard, a few grates of fresh nutmeg and salt-free seasoning of choice, I favor Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb. Sautee half a medium white onion, minced, until soft and add and sweat 10 oz of fresh chopped spinach. Add the drained canned tuna and the sauteed vegetables to the bechamel. Cook the pasta al dente, drain well and add to the sauce mixture. Put the whole shebang into a casserole dish and top with 1 cup panko crumbs mixed with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until the crumb topping browns lightly.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:45 AM on Oct. 31, 2010