Food Additives

Does anyone know of a book or sight that lists the many different names of the common food additives today. Some sort of list I can print out or a book to buy to take with me when I shop. Any information is appreciated. Thanks

cutie222

Asked by cutie222 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Health

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 5:03 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• My rule of thumb is if a package has an ingredient that I can't buy in a grocery store, I don't buy that item.

• ditto on feingold
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I would love to try Feingold but cannot afford it right now. So I am going to take the food additive book I got from the library when I shop and start with that. I am quite sure my son is sensitive to red dye and possibly magnesium stearate. So those are definitely out and if possible without being to restrictive at first as few additives as possible. I still want my son to eat. Then I have this book called Is This Your Child that goes into detail about how to tell if a child is sensitive to these chemicals and additives. So wish me luck. I also put the Feingold Diet cookbook on hold at the library so I can check into it more. But of course it has a waitlist so it will take over a month. Thanks for your input.
    cutie222

Comment by cutie222 (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Oct. 30, 2010