Pre-recorded political phone calls...

Am I the only one completely annoyed with these?? I've never met a single person who has changed their vote due to an impersonal, pre-recorded phone call urging you to vote for someone. It's gotten to the point where every time I see an 800 number on the caller ID I want to chuck the phone across the room! lol

prinzesstephi

Asked by prinzesstephi at 3:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't answer the phone for 800 numbers. I'll call them back if it's actual business.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:44 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• That is even more annoying that the actual multitude of commercials!

Answer by older at 3:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• what sucks is somehow they got my cell # and it wasn't an 1800 # it was a 'normal' # so i answered and burned minutes :( grrr
    LaughterHugs

Answer by LaughterHugs at 3:50 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• We don't answer numbers that we don't know or" unknown number" but I assume most of them are political in nature. Just let them ring or I answer and hang up.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:54 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• They have my business cell # and it drives me crazy! The ones at home I just ignore.

IMO, they are a total waste of campaign funds.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I used to like the blockbuster celeb phone calls saying I had a video due....anything voting related on my phone is only going to piss me off....dang union calls
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• They are the reason I have the ringer on my phone turned off right now.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 3:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I, on the other hand, LOVE the personal phone calls that are not addressed to me or my husband!! Not surprisingly they were for the Democratic candidate, and they were to some guy named "Jim" (there are is no one with the name "JIm, Jimmy or James" in our home! LOL FAIL!!! :o)

Just reinforces my opinion that Democrats are out of touch with their constituents...oh, and our phone number has been assigned to us since 2002!! Time to update your records, DEMS!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• i answered one this year (usually i dont answer the phone unless i know the number) and all it did was remind me to vote on Tuesday...against the person who the call told me to vote for. not on purpose, just thats what i had planned on doing i just forgot it was this Tuesday.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:20 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I HATE automated calls-- does not matter if it is political, or the school's "weekly new update", the pharmacy.... as soon as I hear a recorded voice I hang up. If their message is so important and the candidates want me to vote for them, they should call me in person so I can ask them what exactly are their campaign plans, and how will it benefit ME to vote for them!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2010