Have any of you used Mirena?? What is your opinion on it??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 3:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Health

• Yes, had mine for 4 months and it works for me.
    I'm perimenopausal and its reduced the amount of monthly loss I suffered considerably. Yeah I get some back aches and other odd symptoms but I can cope with those.
    jackdaw

Answer by jackdaw at 4:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I have one right now and the worst things about it are that my periods are funky and sometimes I can feel the strings. From what I understand from my doc, you normally shouldnt feel the strings so I'm a special case for that and any birth control will mess with your period.
    That being said, I have a friend who had one and he tore her up. She had cramps daily, bled for a month and half, and the pain was so bad sometimes that she couldn't move.
    Its different for everyone, but I would definitely say do not get one unless you know for sure that you have the insurance to cover issues that may arise/or a visit to take it out, because that might very well happen.
    On the good side, I don't have to worry about taking pills every day (which I forget to do, hence baby 2, lol) and I don't have to remember to buy latex free condoms.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 3:50 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• yes, i love it
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• i have paraguard in which is the horomone free version and i love it. cant say nething about periods bc i am breastfeeding.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 3:53 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I would be so scared to have that put inside me! It looks painful!
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 4:26 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I have mirena right now, no major issues...just some minor skin problems (pimples,dry,oily cant make up its mind) my periods have lightened significantly and will hopefully go away completely soon. It is quite uncomfortable to get it placed. Overall I really like it but if I would have been informed about paraguard before i would have probably chosen it instead..it is hormone free and lasts up to 10 years compared to the 5 years of Mirena
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I have the Mirena, have had it for 2 years. The insertion didn't hurt any more than a Pap smear, my periods are exactly the same as they've always been, and I'm no pregnant. :P
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 4:32 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I had it. My story is long, so to shorten it as much as possible, I'll just say that it was the biggest mistake I've ever made in my life. If you want details, feel free to PM me and I'll share.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I had it for about 9 months I had migraines everyday really never went away. And I rarely get headaches. The periods were Splendid but really not worth it for me. A lot of my friends have it and like it
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2010