Is there anyone else out there that doesnt see the point of getting married??

I mean it is just a piece of paper that doesnt change anything. I mean I have seen relationships were they are fine til they get married and then everything goes down the drain. I just dont see the point in it. Is there anyone else out there like me??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 4:26 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I AM married and I don't see the point. The only reason we got married is so that our families would accept us being together, living together, etc. It was just to make them happy. We didn't care at all about making it legal or "official" because we knew how we felt about each other, but since it was sooo important to some of our family members, we did it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• There are legal and economic benefits to marriage.
    Anonymous

• There is a point! for one to protect your rights, but if you do not care about those then it is just a piece of paper.

Answer by older at 4:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• If you were married you would know its not just a "piece of paper".
    Anonymous

• I see it has just a piece of paper but it does have some positive legal things to it
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Vote me down. You probably want to be married but arent'.
    Anonymous

• Why not? IMO its the total commitment. People who are in "committed relationships" but never get married,IMO, are counting on that easy out. They can walk away w/o the legal repercussions. To me its saying you aren't sure its going to work.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• well, I came from a very messy divorce that went on for 3 yrs bc of him. In the end he got half my 401K and that sucked,,,really bad. He hardly had anything in his so he made off pretty well. But remember I am coming from a place of being stung in court. Im not opposed to marriage at all for anyone else, but for me, not so much. Maybe that will change down the road if I meet the right person someday
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 4:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I never want to get married ever. I dont see the point in it, so why would I do it.
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 4:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Well if you made tons of money then it wouldn't be necessary. However if the man or woman financially supports the other one then it may become necessary if one of them wants to end the union.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 30, 2010