can he leave the navy?

my husband is in the navy its been about 5 months now and hes a corpmen, he hates it he says he's not cut out for this type of job, will he be able to get out? or will he have to stay and serve for the 5 yrs he signed up for? he said something about failor to adapt to navy life but he doesnt know much or how to get that information,..

chijay3

Asked by chijay3 at 12:33 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Travel

• To the best of my knowledge he has to stick it out until he has fulfilled his contractual obligation.

The failure to adapt to Navy Life...I dunno about that. Maybe try to google it?
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:35 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• tell him to smoke some pot and drop dirty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I wouldn't tell him to smoke dope, lmao. Maybe suggest he talks to someone in the Navy and see what can be done if anything. If he does anything stupid he can get a dishonorable discharge and that isn't going to look good when applying for jobs.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 8:22 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Don't just do drugs to get out, he might recieve a dishonorable discharge and then not be able to get a job anywhere. Stick it out is the best thing. My husband said the same thing at first with the Air Force and then we started to love it, I know there is a big difference between the two but give it at least a year before you decide that you have barely even started!
    trinysmommy85

Answer by trinysmommy85 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• He signed the papers. He is offically gov't property and has to serve his time. Three ways he can get out. 1) Death. 2) AWOL. That will get him a crap load of prison time b/c the military doesn't put up with runners added with a dishonorable discharge with every creditor and employer will look at which can hinder you in getting credit and him finding good employment. 3) You can take a baseball bat and break his knee caps so he can retire with a disability. lol. Sorry but my husband just retired after 20 years in the Navy and the Navy especially is strick. Oh wait...he could also do what my brother did when he joined the Navy...Punch an Officer in the face. Wait..that will get him jail time too.
    Navy_Wife_Tisha

Answer by Navy_Wife_Tisha at 6:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• One sure way I know to get out of the Navy is to fail 3 PRT's in a row. That would get him kicked out of the Navy. Don't do drugs. That would only get him a dishonorable discharged and he wouldn't be able to get a job after he gets out. Another option would be, to just stick it out. After all, he signed the papers.
    melittler

Answer by melittler at 9:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• true to sticking it out in the navy thats what im telling him that things will change right now its just hard, he doesnt want anything to happen to him he doesnt want to be away from us and there telling his class and him they have a high percent rate of going into war in iraq and he doesnt want to do that so he is trying to get out he talked to a councilor but she didnt help him for crap, so he is looking into what they call failor to adapt to navy life and let him out over time but i dont know about that,....
    chijay3

Answer by chijay3 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 1, 2008