how much would you pay a close friend to watch your kids for 2 days?

mind you she also has two of her own kids, ages 4 and 5 months. i have 3, ages 4, 22 months and 9 months but she will just be watching the older two. my mother in law volunteered to watch the baby but she "can't" watch them all for some reason. and my mom took off work last week to help me while my middle was in the er so she definitely can't. anyway me and my hubby have to go to ga on monday around 2 pm (6 hour drive) and we will be home tuesday evening probably no later than 8 pm. my friend is fully aware that my 22 mo. old needs breathing treatments every 4 hours and another twice a day and she says she's okay with it. she isn't even expecting money, but i know i need to pay her something. we're really broke though and using most of our money to get up there. i was thinking $40 for now, and do her some babysitting favors whenever she needs. we're almost like sisters and very close and i love her for doing this for me!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• awwww what a great friend she is and you are.. i think since you two are so close she will be fine with whatever you give her whenever you give it to her ;)..
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 6:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• If you can spare the forty bucks, that's great. Like you said, when she needs a sitter, step in to make it fair.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I think that what you are doing as far as giving her what you have now and also offering her to babysit her kids, is enough. Ask her and even though she says no, push it alittle more. And Im happy that you have some one like that to help you, good luck..
    Army108th

Answer by Army108th at 4:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I think your friend will be Happy with what you are doing- i am sure she knows you are low on cash & she knows how much you Appreciate her Helping you out! No Worries Momma:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 5:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• If you can truly afford the 40.00 then give it to her. If not, don't. I'm sure she's not expecting it. She would not have offered if she didn't think she could handle it. This is what friends do for friends. What a blessing it is that you have her. She knows you would do the same for you.
    etown2reds

Answer by etown2reds at 6:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I think fourty bucks is more than expected, but great!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 3:10 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• and i will be providing everything mine need while we're gone and probably send a frozen lasagna or something for her to cook for dinner monday night so she doesn't have to use up too much of her food on my kids. she's very sweet and kindhearted and doesn't mind doing any of this but i feel it's the least i could do.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2010