Just a few questions...

My daughter is 15 months and she isnt walking. She just fractured her femur slightly because she got her leg stuck in the crib and twisted it, the nurse made me and my hubby feel horrible because she was like "OMG she is 15 months and she isnt walking yet? Whats wrong with her!" Should she be walking? She cruises around the furniture and stuff. She walks while holding our hands and she can stand by herself. Also another question is when is the best age to start potty training? Thanks :)

Becca1189

Asked by Becca1189 at 4:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i think it starts to become cause for concern when they aren't walking by 18 months. your daughter sounds pretty close though, seeing as how she can do it while holding your hand. maybe she hasn't got the confidence yet to let go. but it will come! and potty training i started with my oldest just after her 2nd birthday and am trying with my middle now at 22 months. i think 2 is a good age to start if they have the signs of readiness.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I would hold off on the potty training. I would expect her to walk within the next month or so, if not I would see her doctor. However, it sounds like she is very close!
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 4:33 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I agree that she should be walking soon! Google "toilet training readiness" and look at the different links.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:48 PM on Oct. 30, 2010