Next month i'm moving and my 10 month old and 3 year old will have to share a room. Any advice in reagards to sleeping at night and them not waking each other up?

Mommy2JoshNJake

Asked by Mommy2JoshNJake at 4:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how do they sleep at night now? do they both sleep through the night and go to bed roughly around the same time?

last year, my two older daughters were 3 and 10 months (i was prego then with my 3rd) and they shared a room. i put them to bed at the same time and i didnt have any problems with one waking the other. my oldest always woke up earlier though which would wake up my other one but that didn't bother me too much since it was about time to get up anyway.

now my middle who is now 22 months and the baby who's 9 months share a room and same story, put them to bed at the same time and they both wake up at the same time. my oldest gets her own room for now.

good luck! oh and on the seldom occasion one did wake up at night, the other would sleep soundly through it. maybe i was just lucky in that area though. i wish the same luck to you!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I just put all 3 of my kids in the same room. They are doing pretty good with it. If the 10 month old wakes up my oldest will come in our room and tell us (the baby is a quiet crier) that she is awake then she will go back to bed. I think what tnm786 said it the way I wanna say it. I just don't wanna type it all out. LOL
    jojolicious220

Answer by jojolicious220 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• my baby wakes up once a night sometimes, im just finally getting my sleep again and i dont want to lose it!!!
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Comment by Mommy2JoshNJake (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• My 5 month old and 4 year old share a room, and honestly it has been fine. My baby goes to sleep before DD. When DD gets ready for bed we read stories outside of her bedroom. She gets into bed with her music on lightly and falls asleep fine. If my baby wakes up in the middle of the night, she NEVER wakes up. She sleeps right through it.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:38 PM on Oct. 30, 2010