What the heck is going on with my baby?

He is 11 months old and cries and whines all the time still. He has needed constant attention since the day he was born, but I thought it would have gone away by now. He even wakes up during the night still- maybe once or twice a week. Last night was 3 am until 5:30 am. I am sooo exhausted with him and feel bad about how frustrated I get with him. What should I do?

Sharell8710

Asked by Sharell8710 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some children are just more clingy & whiny then others. My youngest is like that. She's 4 & still gets up at night (although now she can walk into our room & climb in bed with us). It's just her personality. My older kids were much more agreeable then she is. She's very temperamental. I wish you luck. Hopefully he will outgrown it.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 4:44 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• So their is know one else to watch him. So you can have a break?

Answer by louise2 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• My husband and I take turns with him. I'm definitely craving a week long getaway though!!
    Sharell8710

Comment by Sharell8710 (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I know it wears you out. I swear my daughter has a little alarm that goes off in her head that tells her to get up & wake me up the minute I get to sleep. A few times I have paid my adult son to watch her for the night so we could go to a hotel & be alone & sleeeep all night through!
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 4:52 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• My now 16 month old is/was the same way. I've never gotten a full night's sleep out of her, yet! She has to go everywhere with me. We recently moved in with my in-laws and as much as it sucks to live with them, I get a break which is awesome. I feel for you, and hope you don't have to deal with it as long as I have.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:53 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• My daughter is the same exact way. I think its because i have spoiled her always wanting to hold her since she was born.. now she gets bored so easily and always wants me to play with her or hold her.
    Veronica-Lynn

Answer by Veronica-Lynn at 5:13 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• my son has always been like that! my husband hardly switched off with me either. somedays i dont know how i made it this far
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 8:20 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• are you pregnant that's how my son was when I was pregnant he would wake up in the middle of the night and would not go back to sleep and when I had her he would sleep all night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    krystal2010

Answer by krystal2010 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Oh gosh no!!! lol. whoo...3 is good LOL
    Sharell8710

Comment by Sharell8710 (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• . I am a Certified HUG YOUR BABY Teacher. I teach parents how to help their baby self-regulate.I also help with establishing normal sleeping patterns. I have a Virtual Office at www.thepreemiebaby.com. If you have a webcam, you can drop directly into my office. One advantage to the virtual office is I have the ability to observe you and your baby in your natural environment. Then we can create a plan that works around your family lifestyle.

If I can be of further assistance please let me know!
    PreemieHUG

Answer by PreemieHUG at 1:35 AM on Nov. 1, 2010