Would you pay your childrens paternal grandparents to watch them?

I asked because i was thinking about the time when I was 19 and left my cheating hubby his parents invited me and the kids to move to cali to live with them and start a new life my kids were 1 and 3 at the time, they would tell me to go out and have fun while they watched the kids until 1 weekend a male friend who was in the navy wanted to take me to Los Angelas (we lived in san diego) for the weekend and show me around, He paid them $50 to watch the kids for the weekend and after that they expected ME to pay them everytime I wanted to go out....

405mom

Asked by 405mom at 4:39 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Nope, it was nice of him to give them the money, but it they should not have expected it from you. Honestly, I wouldn't pay a grandparent for occasionally watching my kids. If they were doing it every day all day long, maybe.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• No I wouldn't pay they should want to spend time with the kids not expecting anything out of it. If it were one day I don't see the point but if it were a weekend I would give them something just to cover food.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• No, especially if they asked to watch her or were willing to watch her. My brother in-law and sister in-law babysit my daughter and we don't pay them.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• NOPE!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• No
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 4:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• my mil never watches my kids. i dont even bother asking cause i already know the answer. the rare times she does hell no im not gonna pay her because she acts like its such an inconvenience, even if i ask to just go grocery shopping by myself or with just one of the kids. shes a bitch and i would not pay her to bond with HER grandkids.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• No, I don't pay my mil to watch my children-- she will "babysit" them for me once in a while if I need a sitter and she does have my middle one over to her house quite often. She does it because she wants to, and she wants to see the kids-- not because of money.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:46 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I think the only time I would offer to pay my childrens' grandparents to watch them would be if I asked them to take time off work to babysit for me.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:50 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I would not let my in-laws watch my children.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:02 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• no.

Answer by older at 5:03 PM on Oct. 30, 2010