Best baby cream/lotion to use for extremely dry skin?

My DS has had terribly dry skin since birth, mostly on his face and forehead and then a crazy huge spot on his hip about the size of a sand dollar. I've tried Johnson's, Aveeno, Eucerin, and Vaseline IC... any suggestions before I head to the Dr. for a scrip??

Sharell8710

Asked by Sharell8710 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had good luck with Eucerin. Did you get the thick on in the tub? Also put a few drops of baby oil in the bath water, then put baby oil on her when she is still wet, then softly dry her.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:52 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• My daughter has severely dry skin and her pediatrician told us to use Vaseline Intensive Rescue Lotion. You can find the cheaper store brands at Wal-Mart and CVS. It works wonderfully. I even use it for myself when mine gets dry!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Cetaphil might work for you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:58 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Eucerin Intensive Care brand works wonders!!! My daughter has eczema and ive used that since she was born
    Veronica-Lynn

Answer by Veronica-Lynn at 5:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• What about Aquafor or Aquaphor I don't remember the spelling but I know it works great for dry skin.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 5:14 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Aquaphor as PP mentioned,Cetaophil works well too
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I squirt some breast milk on it and then I use Jason's organic lotion if DD get s a really dry patch.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:38 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• My son's dry patch got worse after I used the aveeno .So I tried the johnson's baby oil gel I love it
    waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 11:53 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• What you put on your baby's skin can help or hurt it depending on the ingredients in it. Research is showing a buildup of chemicals on the skin can cause skin problems including acne, dryness and skin cancer.

In addition, over 60% of what gets on the skin is absorbed into the bloodstream, quickly reaching all organs. Getting chemicals into organs of ANY age is not a good idea.

With so many manufacturers using chemicals in their products, almost any product – cleansers, moisturizers, shampoos, conditioners, hair gels and sunscreens – can be causing breakouts on the face and body and drying out skin.

To find chemical-free products, read labels and research ingredients – or start with certified organic ingredients which don’t contain harmful chemicals.

Her
    savvyone

Answer by savvyone at 10:47 AM on Oct. 31, 2010