Math practice on the weekend.

My oldest DD is having problems in math (third grade). To help her I printed math work sheets. They have eight problems on them, relevant to what she is having problems with in class.

I've been told it is cruel and ridiculous, it's the weekend let her be a kid. I want my daughter to improve in math, I want her to succeed in school, I am helping her do this by working on subjects she has problems with, after school and on the weekends. Not allot of information, just a bit here and there.

As parents it's our job to help our children succeed, am I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• You are not wrong. A little homework on weekends is just fine. During the summer too! You have to help your children along the way, as long as it doesn't get crammed down her throat and make her upset. Sounds like you're doing a great job!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• No basically you are right but you also got to let her be a kid.

Answer by older at 5:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I've done the same exact thing with my daughter. And she does a little work over the summer too.
    psgilbert

Answer by psgilbert at 5:48 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with what you are doing.You are just doing what is best for her, if she does the math first thing in the Morning then she still has all day to be a kid.
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 6:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• You are not wrong. Make it as fun as you can.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:15 PM on Oct. 30, 2010