question about mucus plug adult content

when you loose your mucus plug is it always bloody or can it be clear? today i have kinda had alot of discharge and it is kind of think and gooey, is this my mucus plug or is it just normal discharge? i notice it when i wipe

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The mucus plug looks like snot. It can be clear, white, yellow, green, brown, or bloody. It can come all at once, or it can come in pieces. When mine started to come out, I was already having a ton of discharge, which I thought might be it, until I saw what actually looked like small chunks of mucus. Then I got a huge chunk about the size of two large cotton balls. Toward the end of pregnancy, we get SO much discharge. It could be either one. In all honesty, losing your mucus plug isn't indicative of anything, and if it happens early, it can actually regenerate. Just FYI.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• what musicpisces said - I have been losing mine for two weeks know. This last week I lost a big chunk on Tuesday and have had a quite a bit each day since then. It is weird since I never had this happen with my first two. Never saw theirs at all.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I just lost mine today and it was a big glob and a little bloody.
    blkmom2

Answer by blkmom2 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2010