parent teacher conferences?

I am going to my first parent teacher conference next week, what should I expect?

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• The teacher will talk to you about how your child is doing in school. She will explain what they are doing and more then likely have some papers for you to look at. If you have any questions or concerns this would be the time to talk with her about them.

I would not worry to much they are usually pretty easy.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• For the most part, I enjoyed going to them with my son. I always dreaded them when it was time to go but when it was over....it was okay. Maybe it was the unknown that bugged me. Seeing all the things your child is working on is fun too and they always made some kind of fun picture or craft for the parents.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I wouldn't worry if your child hasn't brought up any concerns yet. However, as a teacher I always like to tell parents the child's progress and what I expect of parents as far as helping children out with homework instead of doing it themselves. (There are several out there every year.) I also like to show what we have been up to until now and I want to do with their child in the coming year (it usually depends on the child's abilities). It's a great way to get to know the parent from my perspective and for them to get to know me because most parents will only see the teacher when there's a concern with behavior and it ends up turning into a negative relationship instead of staying positive.
    Good luck.
    Danaefm

Answer by Danaefm at 10:09 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• at our first one they just went over what the kids were learning, and where my daughter was in respects to where she should be at her age... then went over things for me to work on with her...
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:20 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• For them to review your childs progress and behavior and show you what they have done or made in class.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 6:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• It's just a one on one chance to talk to the teacher and go over all her work. She will bring up any concerns.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Good question ours is coming up as well. Thanks for asking.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 3:26 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• They will probably have some samples of your child's work to show you. They will go over any testing that they have done. Let you know where they are as far as grade-level expectations are and also go over any behavior issues they have and/or bring up concerns about learning difficulties.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 3:48 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Awww.. how sweet! I remember my first parent/teacher conference :-) Good luck!
    mz_erica03

Answer by mz_erica03 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• The teacher will show the scores your child has like what reading level they are on and what their strengths and weaknesses are
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 5:48 PM on Nov. 22, 2010