How often do you get time alone, no kids, no husband or s/o and no friends?

Do you think it is good for you? I just drove 100 miles to pick up my mom's dogs so she could go on a cruise. I drove 2 hours, spend the night and came home in the morning. It was wonderful.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 6:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Not often enough, lol, although I'm not sure I could stand being completely alone. I do enjoy the occasional weekend without the tyke, which happens every few months or so. My husband works nights and sleeps days so its almost like I'm home alone, minus the few hours that he's awake around breakfast/dinner. Its almost more alone time than I can handle, and as much as I crave weekends without the little one sometimes (he's going through the terrible two's, and somedays I can't help but think how much I want a break), the second he's gone at his grandparents' I start missing him too much to enjoy myself, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I am alone right now and not really liking it. Boredom has set in. There are times that I like it...now is not one of them.

Usually, I will give myself a pedi or read a book
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:35 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• i have a half an hour drive back and forth from college 4 days a week.
    occasionally my mom will watch my son so i can go to the gym.
    its nice.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:35 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I have to find the time. It's usually once a month! I get my hair and/or nails done, catch up on reading and drink real coffee!

drinking

Mommee42boyz

Answer by Mommee42boyz at 6:37 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Now that you mention it ... OMG ... besides 2-3 hours driving somwhere I can honestly say it's been at least 7 years! Last time I spend a full day and night on my own must have been when I still lived with my parents.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 6:40 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Never unless I'm using the bathroom and even then somebody barges in to talk to me!! *screams*
    mUstBdeStiny08

Answer by mUstBdeStiny08 at 6:48 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I don't. I'm a widowed parent. If I'm not at work, I'm caring for my daughter.

Well, I do get the walk to work and the walk home from work to myself - but it's not really time I can use to do something "for me".
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:06 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I did laundry on Thursday.  Spent 3-4 hours at the laundromat.

That's the first time I've been completely without kids and husband in...months.  Last time before that was while we were visiting my inlaws in August and I got ticked at my sil and went for a walk.  I walked the 3 miles to the Walmart but had to call to get a ride home because it was like 100F outside and I got blisters from the walk.

Otherwise I'm always with at least 1 of my kids (I have a 3mo) or my husband.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:09 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Once/week. I get off work at 2.30 and have class at 6.30. So I go on campus and have a coffee and do some homework.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:10 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I'm alone most of the time now, and it's not good for me.   If I was a young Mom, it probably would be nice to get time alone.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 9:39 PM on Oct. 30, 2010