how can I stop or delay my period for a week or a few days ?

I am going out of town to a wedding and expecting my period, is there a way to delay it ? I heard vinger will stop it , does that work ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Health

• The only thing I have heard that will work is if you are taking birth control pills to skip the sugar pills.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Vinegar? HAHA.....that will have no effect on your hormones. Yikes!
    IF you are taking birth control pills, take an extra 4 or 5 of them to postpone your period.
    I always wonder where people get those ideas...who told you about the vinegar?? Hahaha.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:02 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Oh....take more pills, ONE DAY AT A TIME, not all in one day. In other words,if you are going to a wedding in 5 days, take another 6 or 7 pills to make sure it won't start in 5 days. ....I have no idea what sugar pills are,tho,SleepingBeautee.
    Ahhhh,gee. Just don't use the Vinegar trick. LOL.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Birth control pills are the only thing that will delay it as far as I know. But you have to already be on them. If you are, just skip the sugar pills (the ones you take while on your period). And start a new pack instead. You won't have a period that month. You can continue like that for however long you like. I used to only have 2 periods a year. I would have some spotting in the 3rd month, but that's it. If you're not already on birth control pills, you're pretty much out of luck to stop it.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2010