Have you ever made a lasagna without ricotta and without tomato sauce?

I have always made a traditional lasagna. However, I am about to try it with chicken and white sauce. I thought ricotta was a traditional cheese in a lasagna recipe though.

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:09 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• ive made it without both and turned out great :) gl

Answer by meagan678 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Never use ricotta cheese. We don't like that kind of cheese. We use cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg. I saw a recipe for a chicken one and thought it would be good. Hope you enjoy it.

Answer by Raeann11 at 7:13 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Yes I use cottage cheese instead much more cost effective and you dont have to cook the noodles because the liquid in the cottage cheese cooks them just fine. Yummy

Answer by voni681 at 7:14 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I've never made it with ricotta. I use a lot of different types of cheese. I've never made it without tomato sauce. the white sauce and chicke recipe sounds really good though. Definitely worth a try.

Answer by SkylaDarling at 7:14 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I always use ricotta, but i've made it with white sauce before, it was great!

Answer by lovinangels at 7:15 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I love traditional lasagna, although I have made a BBQ Chicken lasagna that I love as well.

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:15 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I have made it without ricotta because my son hates ricotta . Just use extra mozzarella. I have never had it without tomato sauce. You could just go very light on the sauce.

Answer by jcm62497 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• i would never EVER make lasagna without ricotta cheese. that should be against the law.

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:18 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I use mozzarella and cottage cheese. I think the chicken and alfredo sauce is wonderful too/ But myfamily likes the toato sauce.

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Actually in Italy the ingredients in lasagna differ region to region. My cousin's partner is from Italy and he makes it with asparagus and lemon butter sauce.

Answer by MamaJasmine at 7:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2010