I'm trying to stick to this plan, but I want to eat SO BAD!!!

I'm tired of chicken breast, veggies, and protein shakes already! I'm so tired of being heavy, but I'm really wanting to eat everything I see. I haven't but I want to. Is there anything I can do to help get me through this so I can keep going?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i honestly believe if ur hungry (truely hungry, not just wanting to eat) then eat. or drink water. eat a small fresh fruit like an apple or a couple of strawberries. any diet that tells u to starve urself will not work. u have to learn how to eat in better portions and healthier. otherwise once the diet ends, u will just gain all the weight back. good luck....
    oh, and netime u feel tempted by something sweet, do some kind of quick cardio like jumping jacks. it helps me.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 7:26 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• You can eat a heck of a lot more than just chicken and veggies. You can get low carb, whole grain tortillas and use them as a pizza crust and build a pizza...or two, with veggies and low fat cheese, you can add a few slices of pepperoni if you want. I get caramel rice cakes and spread a little bit of no sugar added ice cream and a few chocolate chips for dessert sometimes. Homemade beef and broccoli, without rice or noodles. Salmon with grilled veggies and a small serving of brown rice. Look for cookbooks for eating light and healthy....or even the magazine by Taste of Home: Cooking Light.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Chew gum. It'll curb your cravings.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 7:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• i think first of all you should give yourself one cheat meal a week to keep your sanity and enjoy yourself.

but i disagree with mom2jack, i dont think you should eat carbs yet, even whole grains, until you loose most of your weight. but you can eat more then chicken and veggies. what about eggs? deli meat & cheese roll ups? steak? turkey? fish? fruit? tuna fish? salad? etc. - be creative. for breakfast eat a 2 whole egg 1 egg white omlette with mozzerella cheese and a bowl of fruit. make yourself a turkey that will last two or three days for dinner. and work out!! once you loose the weight, you can cheat more often and possibly add some whole grains into your diet. so just get it over with!!!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• PURPUL, lol sure carb starve yourself, get low blood sugar go into a coma and die. You NEED carbs, suggesting NO carbs is dangerous and like like not eating enough food period, not eating any carbs can cause permanent damage to your body. Not to mention put your body into starvation mode. The healthiest diet ANYONE can eat is a diabetic diet becasue it's about healthy options in all food groups.....and as a diabetic who lost 50 pounds and eats this way everyday I 100% stand behind my original reply.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• eat 5 small meals a day so you won't be hungry

Answer by older at 7:42 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Lol. I'm with ya'! I did low carb for 9 months straight a couple years ago and one day I just freaked out and started eating carbs again. I maintained for awhile and now I am slowly gaining again so I have opted to go back to low carb...but I refuse to do protein shakes! I can't handle the taste anymore.
    Anyways, make some low carb baked goods. They will definitely help you get over the constant chicken and protein shake slump you are in. I just made some chocolate chip cookies with soy flour and splenda.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 7:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• You need to eat small meals about 5 times a day. Nothing big, just a little something. It keeps your metabolism up. Restricting yourself to just a few items keeps you from getting all the nutrients your body needs to function and also makes you more likely to binge. The key is to take it a day at a time. Choose healthy items to eat, and stick to correct portion sizes. I think you can find a guide to that online. If you decide you want chocolate, let yourself have one or two kisses. Savor the flavor. That should take care of the craving. When you are hungry all the time or craving things, your body is telling you it is missing something. Sometimes just a bite or two of something is enough to make us satisfied. Good luck, hon.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 7:51 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• i agree, its very hard :(
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 7:51 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I ate whatever i wanted and still lost 35lbs prior to my current pregnancy just by dancing in my living room, doing some yoga so i wouldnt be sore, walking on the treadmill and using a slendertone ab belt so hun you can lose weight without starving yourself and nope i havent gained a single lb back even though im due in december
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 8:06 PM on Oct. 30, 2010