hmonthow much benadryl is safe for a 2 month old

shargrem

Asked by shargrem at 7:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do not give a 2 month old Benadryl unless the Dr. recommends it.

Answer by older at 7:48 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• None. Call your pediatrician if you think baby is sick enough for meds, you need to call the doc first.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Does your baby have allergies or did a doctor advise it? If so, I'm surprised the doctor didn't explain the dosage. Personally, I'd be wary giving Benadryl to a baby that young. I'd call your doctor...they usually have someone on call to answer questions and you can find out. There have been many cases where babies have given way too high of a dosage and have overdosed.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• None. Please talk to your doctor.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• None...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:53 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I agree with the others-- and I would NOT give any meds to a 2 month old baby unless the pediatrician told me to do so and gave me a dosage amount.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:54 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• If the doc has okayed it then they should have told you how much to give. You can always call the after hours number. As a last resort call a pharmacist, they can tell you the correct dosage.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:54 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Babies that young should not get ANY meds unless directed by the ped. The ped should give you the dose based on weight...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:55 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I agree with everyone else. Do not give benedryl to a 2 month old unless you are specificially told to by your child's doctor.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• If cleared by an MD, the dose would be based on your baby's weight. WHY would you want to give an infant Benadryl?
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:02 PM on Oct. 30, 2010