Do You Pray For Your Children?

Do you pray for your children?

I try to remember to pray for mine, and my family, every day.

What do you ask for when you pray?

For the family, I ask God to protect and bless our family, especially DH when he's working his National Guard weekend. For my children, I ask God to strengthen them to resist the temptations and evils of this world, and I ask God to pour His grace into my childrens' hearts, and multiply in them the fruits of the Holy Spirit.

If you have young ones, do you pray for their future spouses?

The thought never occurred to me until I read 'Chosen and Cherished: Biblical Wisdom For Your Marriage' by Kimberly Hahn*. She suggested to pray for the future spouses of children. How do you suppose I go about praying for the future spouse of my children?

*Note: I would not recommend this book if you and DH are not on the same page w/ religion - she offers ideals but no solutions.

flatlanderjenn

Asked by flatlanderjenn at 7:54 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have this great book called "Catholic Prayer Book for Mothers" by Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle.
    It has lots of great prayers for mothers, children, spouses and family
    I will PM my favourite to you, it's to long to post here.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 10:38 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Yes, I pray that they find someone who will love and care for them once I am gone. I pray for their happiness and well being, I pray for their health.

Answer by older at 7:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I pray for him every night. I pray that he will be kept safe and healthy, and I always, always thank God for him. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I give a prayer of thanks and ask God to give me the skills and wisdom that each of my children need from me.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• YES- Everyday!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 8:37 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I pray for them almost constantly... their health and safety, life, walk with God, that my health will be well so I can be there to watch them grow... Also thank Him for blessing us with 2 amazing miracles, one biological and one through adoption...
    TiffyTaffy79

Answer by TiffyTaffy79 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Nope, Gods don't exist therefore no reason to pray to them. Instead I teach my children by example instead.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Yes I do. I include my children in both my morning and evening prayers every day. I also pray for the rest of my family and all those in need as well. I simply pray that the Goddess keep them in her grasp and remembers to care for them as they need. I never pray for specifics beyond that, I don't believe that's what prayer is for.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I do. I pray for him to be happy, healthy, and safe. Although most of my prayers about him are prayers of thanks... <3
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• OH YES- WE PRAY EVERY NIGHT........THE ANGEL OF GOD PRAYER.......THEN AFTER THAT WE ADD OUR OWN THANK YOUS OR PEOPLE WE'D LIKE TO PRAY FOR BECAUSE IT CHANGES ALL THE TIME ON WHO NEEDS MORE PRAYERS AT THAT MOMENT.
    SANDYCAT

Answer by SANDYCAT at 9:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2010