What if your husband...

held your face and said, "I will never lie to you again, I promise." Then about a month later you catch him lying about the same damn thing he made the promise about? This is not cheating related in any way but a huge deal just the same.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Depends on what he lied about. I might beat his ass, or I might just cry. Probably both. But, I wouldn't trust him anymore, about anything. And more then likely, I'd be really mean and nasty to him for a long time.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I would think he has a major issue to be able to lie to me like that and he needs help. My love is not strong enough to "keep" him straight and he is not the man I want to be with. I would want a separation. If only for a short period of time to see if I am what he really wants. If it is "me" that he wants then he will have to put the work in to get better, trustworthy etc... again..

I think if I stay, I am in a way allowing the mistreatment to continue because he has had no real consequences to deal with because of his lies.... KWIM

Now of course my responce is over something major, not like leaving clothes on the floor or eating all my cookies....
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:03 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• if he lies to my face about something bad
    then i would not believe it when he said that he loved me or anything else
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• i would probably never be able to trust him again. other than that idk. gl
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 7:58 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• im guessing its something drug or alcohol related (cigarettes are included in there too... and gambling... heck any addiction) if it is you should be supportive of what hes going through, for some people quitting is hard.

if its not addiction related then im not sure what i would do... i need more context :)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 8:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Well, I wouldn't trust him again and I would tell him exactly that
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I would have it out with him and say "you promised me last month that you would never lie to me again, and here you are lying to me about the same damned thing! I am really very hurt and upset with you right now, and this incident makes me wonder if you have lied to me about other things as well. How can I to believe anything you say to me- when I have caught you lying to me twice now? This has really broken my trust in you, and right now I don't know how you can fix this".
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I don't know. My trust would be broken for sure. It depends on what the issue is, but IF I planned on trusting him again, it would take a while and he'd have to earn it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I would tell him I could never believe anything he said any more.

Answer by louise2 at 8:15 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Get used to it.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 8:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2010