its getting harder to rock my almost 4 month old to sleep...shes just not falling for it anymore...

so how do i go about getting her to fall asleep on her own? we have a good, established night-time routine and she knows when its time for bed...but she fights the sleep, especially after i lay her down in her crib...so what do you do? do you let them cry for a few min and then go in and get them out and rock some more? or dont get them out but just replace the paci or soothe them somehow??

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If your not breastfeeding try giving her a bottle right before bed I tried that for my son for a while .When he was done sucking the bottle I just gave him his pacy and he drifted off ,while I held him instead of rocking that may work for you GL.

waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 11:48 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• at that age, mine had colic, the swing was a God send
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:17 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• oh, and white noise
    fiatpax

• I always nursed mine to sleep. Are you breastfeeding her? If so that was always my "magic wand".
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• i am not BFing....thank you tho
    mamagee1218

Comment by mamagee1218 (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Ditto to what flatpax said. Mine didn't have colic but he loved his swing, I got tired of rocking every night too.
    MommyBird388

Answer by MommyBird388 at 1:44 AM on Oct. 31, 2010