Over 35 and TTC?

Anyone over 35 and TTC and/or what are your success stories about concieving after 35. We just turned 36 this summer and are TTC after a m/c in June. LOve to hear those stories!

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 8:32 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• well. i tried to conceive when i was 30-33 and adopted and LOVE absolutely my loving precious son whom heaven meant and sent for me... not flesh of my flash, nor bone of my bone, but still the child of me alone, never forget for a single minute, you didnt grow UNDER my heart, but IN IT. .... flash forward abotu seven years! NOW i am 39---and i get PREGNANT! YAYAYAYAYAYYYY i LOVED being pregnant and have an eight month odl daughter now!!! OH GOD it was great and i felt exhausted, boobies sore and sooo hungry for fast food all of a sudden that week... so i took a preg test nd it had TWO lines! (i have tasken them before and NEVER! i had even been on fertility meds and clomid and repronex shots i had to give myself and hcg shots a nurse had to give me in past!!) SOOO then we took another test and it "said the word pregnant". both times i have been married. both times the guys turned abusive afterward and i had to separate/leave
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:37 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I had my last child at 39, didn't even think hubby was old enough to bear another child and got pregnant within two weeks of taking IUD out. I got to tell you, I enjoyed this baby more than my other two, I had the wisdom of my other two, and the patience I lacked at 20, no complications whatsoever.......... healthy baby boy. you will be just fine.

Answer by older at 8:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• My mom was 36 when she had my brother and almost had a m/c thanks to good she didn't anyway she was 37 when she had me and 40 when she had my sister so I think you should be able.... good luck
    krystal2010

Answer by krystal2010 at 8:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Best of luck!
    My daughter, age 41,just had a baby girl after trying for 3 years and having 3 miscarriages.
    It went well and her baby is adorable and healthy.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I'll be 36 in March and DH will be 38. We have a 7 yr old and a 3 yr old and have been trying for over 2 years. I have PCOS. Our first was a happy surprise and we tried for 2 years for our 2nd. This time I have been on clomid and I recently had an ectopic pregnancy. Hopefully we will start trying again in a couple months.

So sorry about your loss. Good luck to you! : )
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 12:41 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• So thankful for your faith and the miracle of these two chldren that God has blessed you with. We too, began the adoption process 2 years after having no success and no medical reason for why we weren't getting pregnant. We have 2 children that we adopted at birth and at 6 1/2 months old. We love them so much but I got pregnant in March of this year, but m/c in June :( So, we are excited that we could get pregnant and are hoping for baby #3 if that is God's plan for us.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• We are told that we are healthy; DH has a somewhat lower sperm count but nothing that should hinder us actually getting pregnant. We are excited to be on this journey together :)
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I am 36, almost 37 and TTC this December. Good Luck!

Is this your first baby?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:14 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• This is our 2nd time TTC. We m/c in June.....a surprise pregnancy as we adopted our two children due to 'unexplainable infertility' 9 years ago.
    So, here's hoping that we can conceive again and have a healthy nine months. All the best to you too!
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Oct. 31, 2010