If you knew?

That your SIL was sleeping with your best friends baby's father and deep down your best friend wanted to try to make it work to be a family would you break her heart by telling her what is really going on and jepordize both relationships (SIL who is also a BFF by the way and you best friend)?

awife1life3kids

Asked by awife1life3kids at 1:23 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Relationships

• i would keep my nose completely out of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• i would be honest with all parties involved
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:35 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I want to say I'd tell, because I feel that is the right thing to do...but honestly I would just stay out of it. Act like you don't know anything.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:40 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• i would be saying something to the ones that are cheating and make them know that they need to choose to tell the other partner or they will find out some other way and not just that if your bff found out that you knew this and didn't say a word she will lose trust but then on the other had she will be mad too so really its not a win win problem on that one. or you can write a letter to the non people that are cheating and let them know and i am sure they will do there private work on the marriage to catch the other one cheating but make sure they don't notice its your hand writing and make sure it a place they will both see the note with out there partners around, so then only you know who spilled and they have no proof it was you that did it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I too would like to think that I would tell her, but honestly I probably would keep my mouth shut. BUT I would be having a talk with that man, and I would totally bluff and tell him that he has X amount of time to come clean with his SO that he is cheating or that you will spill the beans, and see if he mans up about it. OR maybe doing something like...text message him about it? Threatening to tell her about it, and when you get solid proof about it then sit your girl down and have a heart to heart with her, that you tried to get him to talk with her, but that this is all that came out of it, and let her read the whole conversation that the two of you (you and the guy) had concerning his cheating.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:26 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I don't like keeping secrets... Did the woman tell you she is doing it? If so, tell her in the future to not tell you things like that, it's things you don't want or need to know and forget you heard this. It will come out. I had a friend that I'd heard her hubby was cheating and she'd just had a baby so I didn't tell her till the child was about a year old but guess what... he talked his way out of it and they're still together.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:47 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• well if you dont want to tell her then just make sure she finds out on her on. ....put yourself in her place, would you want to know? I would , she has a right to know whats going on and your her friend.... OH and as for the cheaters well you dont need friends like that next time it might be your man they apparently have no boundaries.....
    MarksGurl

Answer by MarksGurl at 8:43 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• your stuck between a rock and a hard place i feel for you honey i really don't know what i would do sorry good luck to you
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:54 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• IMHO, I think this is pretty much a judgement call on your part because if you do tell her, she might not believe you or if you don't tell her and she finds out from someone else and it comes out that you knew and didn't tell her, she could drop you as a friend either way. So to answer your question, unfortunately it's totally up to you how you want to handle it.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 9:12 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I would tell the truth about what's goin on. I would want to know if it was going on in my relationship. You have a right to know what kinda dog you're laying with.
    DanaLamborn

Answer by DanaLamborn at 11:07 AM on Oct. 31, 2008