After You had your baby...

well after i had my son about 6 months ago i havnt really felt like making love with my man anymore...but he is like all over me all the time - sometimes i just do it to satisfy him, but the thing was before i had my son i couldnt get enough of it! whats going on with me and why have i changed. i mean i want to make love of course but i just dont get turned on like i used to...any suggestions?

ldc90

Asked by ldc90 at 1:23 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Relationships

• I finally got my husband to understand that I needed to take a little longer than I used to to "get in the mood". After putting the baby down, I wasn't ready to jump straight to bed with him. But, if I took a few minutes to myself, took a shower, shaved my legs, whatever it took to be able to take off the "Mommy" hat and put on the "Wife" hat, I was a lot more fun!!
    Give yourself time...You are in constant physical contact with someone all day long now, and you weren't before. Add in some sleep deprivation, and it's just not as much fun, but it will be again, I PROMISE!!! Just remember that he hasn't changed, so do your best to keep him happy...LOL!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:33 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• After being sleep deprived, nursing often or even feeding a baby, taking care of a little one 24/7 we get tired its just natural. Maybe you need some you time so that you can want to get into the mood. Its normal I think at one point or another every woman hasn't wanted to have it. As they get older it gets easier especially once they start sleeping through the night.
    awife1life3kids

Answer by awife1life3kids at 1:27 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• thanks because i thought it was just me and i tink that i will try that out christyq- i mean i am a stay at home mom right now and im just so tired but i will deffinatly try out that tecqunique.

ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 1:48 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I wenThatt through that phase your body is just our hormones are still out of whack .You just had a baby.That is just normal try to buy some toys or something that new ky jelly go to the sex store both of you get some flavored condoms there are lots of games and toys at the sex store we used to do that .It worked for us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• It takes a while to switch from mom mode to wife/gf mode. I think what you're going through is completely normal.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 7:41 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• You should start masterbating atleast once a day. I guarantee your sex drive will come back. If you don't use it you lose it. Also, if you're not wanting to cuz it is more painful, the same theory applies, the more you have sex the better it will get.
    DanaLamborn

Answer by DanaLamborn at 11:05 AM on Oct. 31, 2008