Quit smoking...

I was put on well-butrin because my doctor and I believed that the root problem of my smoking is frustration, stress, and emotional issues. I found out I was pregnant and was advised to stop taking the medication immediately. So now I am trying a more natural approach to quitting with my continuing emotional problems (which makes it sooo much harder to quit). I need help. My goal to have a healthy baby this time with no complications, and my knowledge of the consequences of smoking during pregnacy has made it easier to go from 5-10 a day to 3-5 a day. I just need a little extra push to completely quit and stay off. Any suggestions on how to improve my emotional problems in order to quit? I have a quit date of November 6th, but I am not too confident that I can stick with it.

hostlerak

Asked by hostlerak at 9:42 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Health

• Quitting smoking is hard. I am struggling with staying quit for some time now. I am about to get hypnotized in order to make it better!!!!!

Good luck to you.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 10:44 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I went through the same thing!!! Setting a date has never worked for me i have said that for years!!! Today is always the best quit date, if you slip its ok start again i had to quit when i got pregnant and i had alot of stress too that was the hardest time when i was all upset i use to smoke to calm down...instead i just went in the br and cried it out ...and then i still wanted one ..i would imagine if i smoked a lil fetus inside me coughing and choking that made me feel guilty to just go smoke because i wanted too, that baby inside you doesn't! then i would think of all those "truth" comercials about smoking and i would think of those gross immages every time i wanted one and all the harm it could do to the baby. Then i would change my normal rutine that envolved smoking...ex instead of smoking after dinner i would brush my teeth... and when you first wake up and have coffe and a smoke dont have either jump in the shower!
    MichelleBabyBoy

Answer by MichelleBabyBoy at 10:54 PM on Oct. 30, 2010