how can i get my 15 month old son to hold still while i change him

my son dosent want to hold still wen i change him

yankeegirl87

Asked by yankeegirl87 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• talk to him about what he sees on the ceiling ask him random questions or give him something to play with or hold.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 9:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I have a few things that I do with my 14 month old and it just takes a little trial and error. I always talk to her or sing to her no matter what. However, I also have a tiny list that I follow to go along with it. The first thing I try is giving her a toy to play with to keep her occupied. This works most of the time, but when it doesn't I pon her down with my leg LOL. Not hard though, I don't want to hurt her. That's all I do, and it usually works out okay.
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 9:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Have you tried changing him while standing. It only works for the wet ones of course... It's a start though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:48 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I sing to my twins. They stare at me and love it! It keeps them still, other one of my twins thinks it's funny yo try to run away!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• thats cute
    yankeegirl87

Comment by yankeegirl87 (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Wait til they're potty trained.... My boys are SO active that once they could roll over, it's a fight to get them to hold still to change a dipe. I've just gotten REALLY fast at it, and know that if i hand them a toy to distract them, it gives me an extra 30 seconds or so! :D
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 10:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Try giving him something to play with. I give my daughter books to read or play a game like peek a boo. Sometimes I give her a sippy cup to drink from.
    smoden1

Answer by smoden1 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Seriously if you find the answer to this its like striking gold. I agree give them something to play with and change him quickly. but I know as a mom to a 17 month old it doesnt always work. Toys only work some times books work for a minute and you cant give them food.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 1:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2010