I am 25 weeks pregnant, and all of the sudden I have this urge to constantly urintate. Is this normal? There is no burning sensation also I have been checked for UTI and I am cleared of that, yet sometimes my urine does have an odor, what does this mean?

sweetb10

Asked by sweetb10 at 9:55 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is VERY common to always have to urinate during pregnancy. Sounds like you could be dehydrated and that would explain the odor. Try drinking water and see if that helps.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:58 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Welcome to the world of your baby sitting on you bladder like it's a bean bag chair. :0) Wait til he/she starts kicking it to. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• My sister had the same problem, her's was dehydration. Most of your intake goes to your baby now so you have to get double the water to keep yourself in top shape as well as your child.
    Jwick

Answer by Jwick at 10:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• It means you're pregnant.
    There is a limited amount of space in your abdominal cavity. Most of that space is taken up by guts. One of those guts is your bladder which is situated below your uterus, where the fetus is. As it grows, it will press against more of your organs, making you more and more uncomfortable until you think you will explode. Then...you will explode, more or less. :)
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 10:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Thanks so much guys as now I am more relaxed now. I will be drinking a lot more water!!
    sweetb10

Comment by sweetb10 (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• You need to drink more water!! I had the same problem b/c I hate water with a passion. Once you drink more water you will notice a change. The further you get in your pregnancy the more you will have to pee. You will see. Just stay hydrated more.
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2010