Flying into JFK

Hi I was wondering what you can see from the air when you are landing or taking off from JFK? Can you see the Statue of Liberty? Is it funner to fly at night to see all the lights or does it make a difference? Any tips for visiting NY and especially the Statue of Liberty

lucysmommy28

Asked by lucysmommy28 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Travel

• HI I live in CT and I love visiting the City some fun places to visit are Times Square,Central Park,Bryant Park(depends when you are going to NYC they have Christmas shops at the end of November),The Metropolitan museum of Art,The museum of Natural History,Saint Patricks Church,Soho for shopping and Art galleries,5th Avenue,Empire State Building,Have fun!!!!!!!! :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• How could I forget to see s Broadway show. If you need more ideas let me know
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• all i do know about JFK, is that my BIL hates flying in the out of there, he is pilot
    as a paaenger i bet it is great though!
    have a great time
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Yeah I'm really excited. Liss have you flown into JFK alot can you tell me what you can see from the Air? My four year old likes to fly but not the landing/taking off parts so I am going to try to point stuff out to her. Can you see the Statue of Liberty
    lucysmommy28

Comment by lucysmommy28 (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• We drive into NYC I live in Connecticut as much as possible my 5yo LOVES NY if he had his way we would go every weekend .I have only flown out of JFK once and that was many years ago but I remember landing at night was beautiful with all the lights and skyline.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• The Statue of Liberty is great. I have been there so many times bringing family from Italy there. I think Ellis Island is great too. Just dress warm it is getting chilly, esp. by the water. JFK is always crowded by the view is nice but not somehting to leave a lasting impression. Have fun . I used to live in Queens, so I guess it is no big deal to me after awhile.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2010