cervix dilating question

so may seem stupid..idk .. 2nd baby first one was induction this one is set for induction as well(GD), well went to my 36 week check up and baby is still high and im still closed..so i guess im asking.. how long did it take some of you ladies to go from closed to dilated?

mnmommy83

Asked by mnmommy83 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was a 1 at 38 weeks, 2 at 39 and had my son on my own/no induction at 40 weeks and 2 days 7 hours of labor.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:02 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• when they broke my water with my 1st kid i had her 2 hrs later
    yankeegirl87

Answer by yankeegirl87 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• If your GD is well controlled and you have no other complications, you may want to look at all your options, including avoiding induction.

I was 3 cm when I was induced with my daughter and had been for 2 weeks. With my son I was 1 cm when I was checked 3 days before I had him. It doesn't meana whole lot, but you should ask for your Bishop's score before consenting to an induction. A low score means the induction is likely to end in a C-section :(
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• DS was high until my water broke. It really doesn't mean anything. I don't know why they do those checks. I guess to make women feel better, but there's no merit to them.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I have never had my cervix checked in my pregnancies~ it is irrelevant info.
    Unless you are inducting, then you want a favorable Bishop's Score, of course.
    Moms can be dilated at 4 or 5 for weeks, months. Or go from closed to complete in an hour.
    Do you want this induction?
    You can decline this offer to induce of course~
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:20 AM on Oct. 31, 2010